She has arrived Dolls! With her spunky personality and welcoming smile, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t honored by Ellonia excepting our request to be this month’s Doll on Display. Ellonia and I crossed paths about 3yrs ago when she quickly became one of the first people I met when I moved to Tampa. Upon the first hug I could sense this welcoming, loving vibe about her. But for this Doll being polite and having a kind heart isn’t a habit, it’s innate. When she transitioned over to the curly side, I was ecstatic to have someone new to share products with and to discuss similar natural hair woes and accomplishments. Read on and find out what she uses to maintain her vivacious curls that match her personality and how her life has changed since beginning her journey to natural hair.
1. Where do you reside and what do you do? I reside in Tampa and I am a server.
2. What was your family’s reaction to you going natural? My family was very supportive of me going natural. A few of my family members had already made the choice and was glad when I decided to join the natural crowd.
3. What is one hair product that you cannot do without? Probably one product I can’t do without is My Shea Moisture Deep treatment masque. It leaves my curls feeling beautifully soft and It doubles as a leave in conditioner.
4. Do you have any hair wisdom you’d like to share with other natural beauties? Hair wisdom that I’d like to share is to get to know your own hair and embrace it, don’t envy the millions of huge afros and textures out there, focus on having healthy lustrous hair.
5. What is your original hair regimen? My regimen is I regularly use a leave in conditioner, moisturizer,and oil and braid my hair at night time.
6. What made you decide to go natural? My decision to go natural was due to my want for healthy hair. Relaxers were making my hair very thin and I wanted hair full of body and most importantly healthy. So I did my research , asked many questions, and a year ago I did the big chop. I’ve never regretted my decision.
7. Who do you look up to for hair inspiration if anyone? For inspiration I look to the everyday women in my life, friends and family who are natural and proud of it.